Sunday, April 09, 2006

The History of Cardiff Castle

So the history of cardiff castle starts like this....

Long ago way back in the victorian times there lived a very rich family called the Bute Family. The Bute Family were like the richest people yet at that time they were the owners of Cardiff castle. Their designer was called William Burges who also designed Castell Coch.The members of the Bute family were Ninian Bute if you know where my school got its name from and the rest I forgot. At first my mom thought that the Queen Victoria lived there but I corrected her saying the Bute family lived there and at that point did my mum realise she was wrong after all this time. So she told me to write a blog about Cardiff castle and the Bute family.

I learnt all this from a school trip to Cardiff castle with my school. William Burges was very artistic man, in the nursery part of the castle he painted pictures from Easop's fables , my favourite one was the invisible man. William Burges was so clever. He painted to trees next to each other with a bird on the branches and if you look closely there was actually a man. Cardiff castle is still here in Cardiff if you want to see it. All the things the Bute family owned or had is still there. Sorry I haven't put any pictures in here yet but I will sooner or later.

5 Comments:

Blogger mynn said...

wow, i think you're very clever. You write very2222222222222 well.

even i didn't know the history of cardiff cardiff castle. Lived in cardiff for a long time, but i have never ever been to cardiff castle even once ;(

Friday, 28 April, 2006  
Blogger Mira said...

Well I think you should try visiting it even though it costs money to go inside but it's worth it. before even I didn't know cardiff castle's history but my teacher taught me all about it and I thought it was very interesting.

Saturday, 06 May, 2006  
Blogger mynn said...

insya allah will come again to cardiff soon before august as my parents are coming for my brother's graduation. insya allah will try and persuade them to go to cardiff castle.

Love your pictures of the castle, brings back so many memories. keep up the good work mira!

Wednesday, 10 May, 2006  
Blogger Mira said...

oh really??? hope you come and visit. My mum asked if you can bring some ikan bilis. (just joking)LOL

Saturday, 20 May, 2006  
Blogger mynn said...

unfortunately, we also haven't been back to malaysia in ages so our ikan bilis stock is non existent:) the last time we visited was December. There are still a few of my wife's friends over there (Kak Sawiyah, Naja & Wan to name a few) and they're graduating this year. before they go back to malaysia, we may just pay cardiff a visit!

i also have friends in wrexham, and we're visiting them next weekend insya allah. to go to chester zoo.

Sunday, 21 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home